If you'd specifically like to learn the art of free-motion machine embroidery, or just fancy trying a new craft, this is the day for you! A fun and relaxed day spent learning how to draw with your sewing machine, suitable for the complete beginner through to the more experienced wanting to refresh or learn a new skill.
By the end of the day you should have created and mounted your very own unique piece of artwork ready to take home and show off to all your friends and family!
I'll be keeping the group size small to just 6 guests, so you can get lots of 1-to-1 help from me as you learn, practice and explore your new skills.
Tickets are just £80 for the full day, and you can get yourself a 10% discount code if you sign up to my mailing list - www.naisy.co.uk/subscribe
Please note I will not be providing sewing machines, so you will need to bring your own. Almost everything else will be provided for you, but read on for full information.
+ + + + + + + + + +
During the morning you will:
- Learn how to set up your machine and guide the fabric to draw with thread.
- Learn how to free-motion appliqué basic shapes.
- Create your own pattern pieces.
- Design a piece of artwork considering your new found skills!
We will then break for lunch – please bring your own*, but there will be copious amounts of tea and coffee available to you all day long!
During the afternoon you will:
- Create and mount your own piece of free-motion embroidered artwork to take home and display in pride of place!
+ + + + +
Here’s what you need to bring:
- Your own sewing machine – don’t forget the power cable or the foot control pedal!
- Bobbins and needles that fit your sewing machine. We’ll be sewing using black thread so if you have a bobbin already loaded with black thread there’s no need for any extras to that!
- A ‘darning foot’ that fits your sewing machine. This is very important as it aids you to move the fabric around easily without sewing through your fingers!! If you don’t already have one this should be easy to purchase online, but please feel free to ask me if you need any guidance.
- Your sewing machine instruction manual, if you have one, just in case we come across any issues.
- If you have any favourite materials you’d like to use in your artwork, feel free to bring them.
- A favourite picture, or idea of subject matter to inspire your artwork, if you wish.
*The Craft Barn is situated in the heart of Hadfield with several food options available within a minute's walk; feel free to take a trip out at lunch time and support a local business whilst getting yourself a tasty treat!
Please make sure you read the full terms and policies before booking onto this event (found on registration page).
The Craft Barn, 103a Station Road, Hadfield, SK13 1AR